Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Life sucks......

OK so maybe it's not that bad...... but sometimes that's how I feel when a week of training gets disrupted like the one that just passed. In fact, the week was so hectic I didn't even get to write my blog (shudder the thought). Here is how my best laid plans went into the toilet last week.

Monday: The dreaded deadline reared its ugly head again. So there went lifting after work as I arrived home around 10:30 PM with temperatures in the 30's and no food in my stomach.

Tuesday: See Monday, but update the get home time to 1AM!

Wednesday: Another late work night but only until about 9, a pattern is forming here......

Thursday: Brief respite, got home around 8:45 or so, with the promise of the next day off for all my hard work. YEAH!

Friday: Here is where life can really piss ya off. Got some sleep and used most of the day to catch up on things I had neglected due to working late hours. I had planned to join the new gym up the street and then go workout there. I got as far as joining the gym when my phone rang. It was my wife telling me her car had broken down and I needed to pick her up. So I jump back in the car drive to where she has broken down. Push her car about 10 feet and wait for a tow truck..... Oh well there goes Friday's workout.

I managed to make it all the way to Saturday without really getting in a decent sweat. Finally, on Saturday, I made it to the gym for 2 solid hours of lifting and cardio. I balked at doing anything specific for my training plan since the week was shot. I just did whatever I felt like doing and enjoyed it.

Sunday: The last insult came Sunday when I went for my swim. I was about 20 minutes into my workout when the whistle blew and the life guard told me I needed to get out of the pool so the kids could have a swim meet. Feeling robbed I sulked to the hot tub determined to get, at the very least, a relaxing soak. I put my foot in...

the water was cold.....

Life really does suck sometimes.......

but I keep training anyway....

3 comments:

Miguel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miguel said...

Good to be able to read your training journal.

Cheers!
Miguel

Miguel said...

While taking a second look at it I noticed that there is a gap between Dec-08 and Dec 26. I hope this is the result of a lack of time to write the journal not a lack of time to do the actual training :-)

Cheers!